Green Roads Privacy Notice
Effective Date: October 12, 2020
Green Roads, Inc (“Green Roads,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) provides this privacy notice to describe how we collect, use, and share the information of individuals who visit our website(s) (collectively, the “Site”).
If you choose to use our Site, then you agree to the collection and use of information in relation with this privacy notice.
Age of Consent
You must be at least 18 years old to access the Site. If you are under 18 years old you are not permitted to use the Site for any reason. You must be of legal age in the state or province you are in to purchase our products. It is your responsibility to know whether you are legally able to purchase our products.
When using our Site, you may voluntarily provide personal information about yourself, including your name, email address, credit or payment card information, shipping address, billing address and any other information you choose to provide. We collect this information when you create an account, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, join our Rewards Program, enroll in a giveaway or other limited-time promotional event, or interact with us for any other purpose.
We may use your information for any lawful purpose, including to:
- Facilitate the creation of and securing of your account on our network
- Identify you as a user in our system (past customer)
- Respond to your inquiries;
- Send you purchase - related information such as confirmations, invoices, shipping updates, support messages, and technical notices;
- Fulfill your order;
- Operate and improve our services, including to provide better services, products, and opportunities to our customers and visitors to our Site;
- Link or combine your information with information from other third-party providers to help us better understands your needs as a consumer
- Operate, personalize, and improve the Site, including for analytics purposes;
- Send surveys, promotions, upcoming events, news about new products and services and marketing materials offered by Green Roads, brands within the Green Roads portfolio of brands and our selected partners, and for other marketing purposes
- Prevent, investigate, and detect fraud or illegal activity;
- Comply with the law and to maintain the security of our Site; or
- Enforce our Site terms of service or if we believe disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Green Roads, our customers or others.
We may also use your information with your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
We may share the information we collect with other parties, including the following:
- With third party vendors who process data on our behalf, such as payment processors and email service providers.
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets, including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties;
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share information that has been anonymized or aggregated without limitation.
Digital Advertising & Analytics
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. Green Roads uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Email marketing: By providing us with your email address, you are giving us permission to send you emails about our store, products, new brands under the Green Roads portfolio and other updates. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” button included at the bottom of each email.
Third-Party Links and Tools
The Site may provide links to third-party websites or apps. We do not control the privacy practices of those websites or apps, and they are not covered by this privacy notice. You should review the privacy notices of other websites or apps that you use to learn about their data practices.
The Site may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Site, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy notices of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy notices of any accounts you create and use.
California Privacy Rights
This section contains disclosures required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and applies only to “personal information” that is subject to the CCPA.
Personal Information We Collect or Share for a Business Purpose. We collect the following categories of personal information about California consumers: